August 20, 2010

T-minus 2 weeks

Well with less than two weeks to go until my braces are on, I’ve been thinking a lot about the journey I’m about to embark on. I wonder and worry about the pain/discomfort my mouth will be in, and what foods I won’t be able to eat or at least have to eat differently. Monday night hubby and I had corn on the cob for supper. Ohhh… it was brilliant! Sweet and tender and messy.

I’ll miss bacon breakfast sandwiches from Tim Hortons too; they are my I-didn’t-have-time-to-make-breakfast meal on work days. I have borrowed some books from the library to try and get some creative meal ideas for after the surgery too. I want to start trying some things now just in case I end up hating certain concoctions! In addition to foods that will be good for a mouth healing from surgery, there are some really yummy sounding recipes! There is one in the I Can’t Chew Cookbook for a curried chicken salad that I am eager to try! Even more with spinach and green beans and cheese that sound healthy and delicious.

Since I am having clear brackets on my top teeth, I will have to be mindful to avoid/limit my intake of things like tea, coffee and curry that could easily stain the brackets. For the record, those are three of my favourite things. So tonight I am making a huge skillet of Butter Chicken with extra added curry paste. It will get the jars out of my cupboard and thereby removing at least some temptation!

No comments:

Post a Comment